Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the www.crisco.com website. It is SLIGHTLY different from the one already posted on Zaar. Perhaps Crisco has updated the recipe since the posting.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening, Crisco Butter (OR 3/4 Crisco Butter Shortening Sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat into shortening mixture until blended. Stir in oats, dried cranberries and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
These were not bad, but I found them really very sweet. I ended up with 38 cookies, which is pretty close to the estimate. Made for My 3 Chefs.