Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in the super market deli aisle. The photo looks amazing and so yummy. You can substitute 12 slices of raisin-nut bread.
- 6 slices raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 (11 ounce) log of plain goat cheese
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped glazed walnuts (or toasted)
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry chutney or 1⁄4 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Using a 2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut 2 rounds from each bread slice.
- Save remaining bread bits for another use.
- Place bread rounds on cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Roll goat cheese log in walnuts.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut goat cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Spread toasts with 1 teaspoon chutney each.
- Top each with a slice of goat cheese.
- Garnish with additional cranberry chutney and shredded orange peel, if desired.
- NOTE: For easier slicing, place goat cheese in freezer 10 minutes prior to slicing.