Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request. Recipe is from: Better Homes and Gardens. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (white or black pepper)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, pickle relish, honey mustard, honey, pepper, salt, and celery seeds.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, walnuts, celery, onion, sweet pepper, and cranberries. Add mayonnaise mixture to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours.
I've been making this since it first appeared in BHG more than 15 years ago. Great side to make ahead although I prefer to add walnuts just before serving. Many requests for the recipe.
Very good! I doubled the sauce ingredients, used a 1# bag of pre-shredded slaw mix, omitted the celery and red pepper and subbed scallions for the chopped onion. Even with doubling all the sauce ingredients, it was not gloppy. Just evenly coated.
I spotted this recipe in Requests way back before it was posted, it has already seen a number of makings. Going through my recipes for our Thanksgiving weekend I found I had missed reviewing this delicious and very appealing coleslaw. Other then adding a touch more mayonnaise I made as directed. Makes for a wonderful Coleslaw. Thank you for posting.