Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted by request. Recipe is from: Better Homes and Gardens. Prep time is an estimate.
Top Review by Kathleen R.
I've been making this since it first appeared in BHG more than 15 years ago. Great side to make ahead although I prefer to add walnuts just before serving. Many requests for the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (white or black pepper)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, pickle relish, honey mustard, honey, pepper, salt, and celery seeds.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, walnuts, celery, onion, sweet pepper, and cranberries. Add mayonnaise mixture to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours.