I love this loaf. I adapted the OceanSpray recipe and like it much better than the one with full sugar. You may have to add a bit more orange juice depending upon your area and how your batter is. If it looks a bit too thick, just add another splash or two. Cooking time is approximate, you may need to add 5 - 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups no-sugar-added orange juice (or squeeze your own)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Mix your flour, splenda, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2In your mixer bowl combine your O.J., shortening, Orange Peel and egg.
- 3Add the dry to the wet and mix until JUST combined, do NOT overmix.
- 4Stir in the nuts and Cranberries by hand.
- 5Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 deg for approx 30 minutes
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Walnut Bread (no Sugar Added)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g