Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very simple vegan variation on traditional banana bread. Great for breakfast with a cup of coffee or as an afternoon snack!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large bananas
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- flax seed (according to preference)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 9x5 loaf pan & set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, and powder well in a large bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the bananas, oil, applesauce, and sugar until smooth. Add to flour mixture and mix well. Add flax seeds and mix well.
- Fold in cranberries, walnut, and flax seeds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
I do not recommend this recipe. Very dry and not a good taste at all.
I'm sorry to rate this so badly, but it was horrible. Perhaps you meant to specify 1 1/4 cups whole wheat OR all-purpose flour. It was WAY too dry. My husband deemed it inedible and we tossed the whole loaf after one slice. I noted how dry it was when I mixed in the flour, so I double checked all my ingredients. The only thing that could have made a difference was that my bananas were on the smaller side.
I thought this bread was FANTASTIC! I made a few loaves and shared with several friends, all who thought it was wonderful. I used all organic ingredients to suit my preferences! This is going to be my Chanukah presents this year!