Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ever since a friend shared this recipe with me, it's been a Thanksgiving and Christmas morning treat! Actually they're so good and easy they are great any time of the year and any time of the day.
- 2 cups cored peeled chopped apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Combine apples, sugar and oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to apple mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts (Batter will be dry).
- Spoon into the muffin cups and spread batter evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
The dry mixture scared me and I resisted the urge to add some milk, thinking it would not hold together and be very crumby or brick like. I did pack the batter in the cups and it turned out well. Great with a cup of coffee, not too sweet and tangy with the cranberries. thx.