Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
Ever since a friend shared this recipe with me, it's been a Thanksgiving and Christmas morning treat! Actually they're so good and easy they are great any time of the year and any time of the day.
Top Review by klg22b
The dry mixture scared me and I resisted the urge to add some milk, thinking it would not hold together and be very crumby or brick like. I did pack the batter in the cups and it turned out well. Great with a cup of coffee, not too sweet and tangy with the cranberries. thx.
- 2 cups cored peeled chopped apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Combine apples, sugar and oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to apple mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts (Batter will be dry).
- Spoon into the muffin cups and spread batter evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.