Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
I really enjoy making a pitcher of cocktails when the weather is hot. This is a terrific Iced Tea by the Pitcher. Using Cranberry Vodka and lime juice and a simple syrup, this can be made ahead of time. It makes a refreshing pitcher of Iced Tea for the Adults.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 english breakfast tea bags
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry vodka, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot, and remove from the heat. Immediately whisk in the sugar and lime juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the tea bags and cranberry juice. Allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes, remove the tea bags and cool the tea.
- Stir to be sure that the sugar is dissolved, and place in a large pitcher. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Just before serving, add the vodka to the tea and serve in tall glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime slices.