Recipe by Pilialo
Great vinaigrette marinade for salmon, or as an elegant salad dressing. Don't worry about the egg white (if your going to use it as salad dressing), the acids in the vinaigrette (lemon and red wine vinegar) effectively "coddles" it, making it safe to eat.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, whisk egg white, mustard, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar.
- While blender is still running, slowly infuse the cranberry concentrate into the mix by pouring it in a thin stream.
- Keep the blender running as you add both the olive and canola oils the same way you added the cranberry, until the oils are completely emulsified and the dressing starts to thicken.
- At this point, turn off blender, and pour the dressing into a bowl. Stir in the dill, and season the dressing with salt, pepper and sugar to your liking. I did not specify the amounts, because some like it sweet, and some like it tart.
- Use it to marinade salmon before broiling, or brush it over grilled salmon. Or use it over your favorite tossed greens--especially good during the holiday season.
- Note: To make it really bright in color, add a couple of drops of red food coloring--WOW!