Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This versatile dressing is impressively flavorful and elegant! It can be used over a bed of your favorite tossed greens (it's especially good during the holidays) or as a marinade for Salmon. Don't worry about the raw egg white when using it for a salad--the acids(lemon and red wine vinegar) "coddle" it, making it safe to eat.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- In a blender, whisk egg white, mustard, lemon juice and red wine vinegar until frothy.
- While blender is still running, slowly pour in the cranberry concentrate, allowing it to infuse gradually into the egg white mixture.
- Mix the two oils together in a small bowl, and let it gradually stream into the blender, continuing to whisk until the dressing has emulsified, and has thickened.
- Turn off the blender at this point, and pour dressing into a large bowl. Stir in the dill and add the salt, pepper and sugar to your liking. You might like yours sweeter or more tart than mine, so I'll leave the amounts up to you.
- If using it on broiled Salmon, you can marinate the fish for 20-30 minutes before broiling or brush it on the fish in the final minutes of grilling.