Recipe by beccalynn
I love these muffins for a nice hearty wheat taste. You can substitute the cereal with any fruit cereal you like (Special K Red Berries, Raisin Bran, etc.).
- 3 cups Kellogg's cran-vanilla crunch cereal
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup additional cranberries (or other fruit to go with cereal) (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place cereal in a large bowl and crush. Add oats. If adding additional fruit, add now.
- Add milk and let set until mushy.
- Add egg and oil.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to cereal mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Spray mini-muffin pan well.
- Fill mini-muffin cups with batter and cook at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, and remove from pan.
- Makes 24 mini-muffins.