Taylor in Belgium's Note:
Love making muffins and this one is unusual with its sweet and tart topping! Found this in a Pillsbury Fruits and Vegetables cookbook and I made it for Thanksgiving breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries or 1/2 cup frozen cranberries, thawed and cut in halves
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2grease bottoms only of 18 muffin cups.
- 3In small pan combine all topping ingredients and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Divide topping equally into bottoms of 18 muffin cups.
- 5In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar baking powder and salt.
- 6Add milk, margarine and egg; stir just until moistened.
- 7Spoon batter over cranberry mixture in muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 8Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 9Immediately invert onto waxed paper.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Upside Down Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (1107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 233.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g