Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Love making muffins and this one is unusual with its sweet and tart topping! Found this in a Pillsbury Fruits and Vegetables cookbook and I made it for Thanksgiving breakfast!
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries, thawed and cut in halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400.
- grease bottoms only of 18 muffin cups.
- In small pan combine all topping ingredients and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Divide topping equally into bottoms of 18 muffin cups.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, margarine and egg; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter over cranberry mixture in muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto waxed paper.
- Serve warm.