Looks yummy! From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2To prepare cake, coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour. Combine cranberries, dates, walnuts, and rind in a bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, 2 tablespoons juice, and cinnamon; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour brown sugar mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle cranberry mixture evenly over brown sugar mixture.
- 3Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place granulated sugar and remaining 6 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to granulated sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter over cranberry mixture.
- 4Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; run a knife around outside edges. Invert cake onto a plate; cool.
- 5To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cut cake into squares.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Upside-Down Coffee Cake (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: