Recipe by Dan-Amer #1
You have all heard of pineapple upside down cake, so here is an interesting variation, which is also easy to make. The recipe is taken from a cookbook published in 1976 by employees and retirees of the Santa Fe railroad in Topeka, KS.
- 1 (1 lb) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 water (as directed on cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (as directed on cake mix)
- 2 -3 eggs (as directed on cake mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up the cranberry sauce and spread it over the bottom of a 13 inch X 9 inch X 2 inch baking pan. Dot the cranberry sauce with bits of butter.
- Prepare the batter from the cake mix following package directions and pour evenly over the cranberry sauce in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, or until it is done. Cut into squares, turning each upside down as you place each on a plate. Serve warm.