1/2 Photos of Cranberry Upside Down cake
Miss Erin's Note:
I had some frozen cranberries that I was wanting to use up and this seemed like a nice, tart treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F, grease an 8" gratin pan.
- 2In a saucepan, melt 1/4 c of butter and add 1/2 c sugar until the sugar is dissolved Add the cranberries and toss with the syrup, set aside.
- 3Cream the remaining butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, add 1 egg at a time until combined Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- 4Add the milk slowly until the batter is of a soft, dropping consistency.
- 5Pour the berry/syrup mixture into the greased pan, cover with the batter.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is bouncy and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan Remove from the oven and place a plate on top of the pan, invert and remove the pan, be careful not to burn yourself Serve warm with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Upside Down cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 526.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g