I had some frozen cranberries that I was wanting to use up and this seemed like a nice, tart treat.
Make and share this Cranberry Upside Down cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease an 8" gratin pan.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 c of butter and add 1/2 c sugar until the sugar is dissolved Add the cranberries and toss with the syrup, set aside.
- Cream the remaining butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, add 1 egg at a time until combined Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Add the milk slowly until the batter is of a soft, dropping consistency.
- Pour the berry/syrup mixture into the greased pan, cover with the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is bouncy and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan Remove from the oven and place a plate on top of the pan, invert and remove the pan, be careful not to burn yourself Serve warm with ice cream.