Recipe by Shannon 24
This is another great recipe from Martha Stewart's Everday Foods magazine (Issue 8). I have made this with blueberries as well. It looks as good as it tastes!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 3⁄4 cups cranberries
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch round cake pan with 2 tbsp of butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon and allspice.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over bottom of pan, arrange cranberries in a single layer on top.
- Cream remaining 6 tbsp of butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until well mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon batter over cranberries in pan and smooth the top.
- Place pan on baking sheet and cook until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a knife around edge and invert onto a rimmed platter.