1/1 Photo of Cranberry Upside Down Cake
Shannon 24's Note:
This is another great recipe from Martha Stewart's Everday Foods magazine (Issue 8). I have made this with blueberries as well. It looks as good as it tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch round cake pan with 2 tbsp of butter.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon and allspice.
- 3Sprinkle mixture evenly over bottom of pan, arrange cranberries in a single layer on top.
- 4Cream remaining 6 tbsp of butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Add egg and vanilla, beat until well mixed.
- 6In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- 7Spoon batter over cranberries in pan and smooth the top.
- 8Place pan on baking sheet and cook until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- 9Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a knife around edge and invert onto a rimmed platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 259.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g