Recipe by Barb in WNY
This recipe is a little different from others with the same name. Canned whole cranberry sauce is used.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet.
- Add 1 cup sugar and stir 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over butter mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl , beat egg yolks until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar; beat well.
- Blend in orange juice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Carefully spoon over topping in skillet.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until cake test done.
- Cool 5 minutes in skillet; invert onto large serving plate.
- Serve warm.