Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dairy-free and adapted from my favorite sandwich that I used to order from a sandwich restaurant a long, long time ago. I know some of the ingredients sound like an odd mix, but in my opinion it's an extremely tasty combination. This particular recipe serves one. As always, amounts are approximate and you may change the ingredient types or amounts to suit your taste. Enjoy!
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon tofutti better-than-cream-cheese (or other cream cheese substitute, I recommend Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
- 2 teaspoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 slices oven-roasted deli turkey (oven-roasted turkey from your grocer's deli counter)
- 4 -6 slices red onions
- 2 -4 slices dill pickles
- Spread desired amount of Tofutti on each slice of sourdough bread.
- Place turkey slices on one slice of bread.
- Spread desired amount of jellied cranberry sauce over the turkey.
- Layer on top a few slices of red onion and dill pickle slices, and place the other slice of bread on top.
- Cut sandwich in half, if desired.
- (You can use regular, fat-free, or low-fat cream cheese instead of the Tofutti if you don't need to worry about dairy.).
Interesting Sandwich! I like all of the ingredients, so I thought I would give it a try. I had to use real cream cheese spread because, I couldn't find the tofutti. I also used whole berry cranberry sauce. The sandwich was pretty tasty, even though my onions were a bit too hot. A sweeter onion is definitely better for this sandwich. Next time I will toast the bread, too.
I had all the ingredients for this sandwich on hand so it made for a quick and delicious lunch. I used regular cream cheese and added a few leaves of baby spinach. Thanks for sharing. :)
Well, I changed one of the ingredients (my preference only) when I substituted bread-&-butter pickles for the dill, but still I came up with A GREAT TASTING SANDWICH! A friend of mine even supplied me with the 'tofutti' stuff (which I wasn't able to find), so I doubled the recipe & had her over for lunch! She wanted hers toasted & with dill pickles so I accomodated, but still thought mine was better! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]