Recipe by blancpage
Dairy-free and adapted from my favorite sandwich that I used to order from a sandwich restaurant a long, long time ago. I know some of the ingredients sound like an odd mix, but in my opinion it's an extremely tasty combination. This particular recipe serves one. As always, amounts are approximate and you may change the ingredient types or amounts to suit your taste. Enjoy!
Top Review by islandgirl77551
Interesting Sandwich! I like all of the ingredients, so I thought I would give it a try. I had to use real cream cheese spread because, I couldn't find the tofutti. I also used whole berry cranberry sauce. The sandwich was pretty tasty, even though my onions were a bit too hot. A sweeter onion is definitely better for this sandwich. Next time I will toast the bread, too.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon tofutti better-than-cream-cheese (or other cream cheese substitute, I recommend Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
- 2 teaspoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 slices oven-roasted deli turkey (oven-roasted turkey from your grocer's deli counter)
- 4 -6 slices red onions
- 2 -4 slices dill pickles
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread desired amount of Tofutti on each slice of sourdough bread.
- Place turkey slices on one slice of bread.
- Spread desired amount of jellied cranberry sauce over the turkey.
- Layer on top a few slices of red onion and dill pickle slices, and place the other slice of bread on top.
- Cut sandwich in half, if desired.
- (You can use regular, fat-free, or low-fat cream cheese instead of the Tofutti if you don't need to worry about dairy.).