Cranberry-Turkey Salad Sandwiches on Focaccia
- For the turkey salad: In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the turkey cutlets and enough water to cover them. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the turkey cool in the liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onion and cranberries.
- When the turkey is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.) Cut the turkey into small pieces, let cool some more and add it to the mayonnaise mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until mixture is ready to serve.
- For the sandwiches: Lay the focaccia slices out on a work surface and divide the turkey mixture among the sandwiches, spreading it out in the center of each half. Divide the shredded lettuce among the sandwiches and place the top half of the focaccia on each sandwich.
- Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and serve.