Recipe by Whisper
This recipe comes from Low Fat Practical Cooking. I plan to try this on the grill very soon.
Top Review by Derf
Lovely flavour, they tasted like turkey dinner! loved the cranberry sauce in them and on them. I used a whole egg and 1 lb of ground turkey and had to use dried sage. They held together very well for me and I cooked them on the grill. Used whole wheat buns, lettuce, tomato and cheese. Vergy good burger and I have two patties in the freezer for another day. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1⁄2 lettuce, shredded
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 teaspoons cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the turkey, onion, sage, bread crumbs, cranberry sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Mix in egg white.
- Press into 4x4 inch rounds, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Chill the burgers for 30 minutes.
- Brush burgers with oil and place on grill or under preheated medium broiler.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the burgers over and brush again with oil.
- Cook for another 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Fill the burger rolls with lettuce, tomato, and a burger, and top with cranberry sauce.