Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Something a little different for your tuna salad, since my mom sent me a jar of cranberry horseradish recently, and now I can't stop eating it! It's good on everything, including tuna salad. :) If you can't find it, this recipe for Cranberry Horseradish Relish looks like a close approximation.
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1⁄4 large onion, chunked
- 1⁄2 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup craisins, divided
- 120 g canned tuna in water, drained (yield of 150g can)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry horseradish
- 8 -12 leaves romaine lettuce
- Blitz mushrooms in food processor until they reach an almost pastelike consistency.
- Heat mushroom paste in a dry frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until water is cooked out, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place onion, carrot, and half of craisins into food processor. Pulse until well chopped.
- Add tuna and mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper, then pulse until well mixed and desired texture is reached.
- Stir in half of mushroom paste.
- Spread tortillas with cranberry horseradish. Lay two or three leaves of lettuce on each tortilla (you may have to tear them to fit).
- Spoon tuna salad into the middle of the tortillas. Top with remaining craisins and mushroom paste. Cover with two or three more lettuce leaves.
- Close wraps by folding the "bottom" up and then folding the sides in, to make a long envelope shape. Turn over and serve.