Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is what I came up with when I wanted to recreate a Tuna Salad sandwich I had at Starbucks.
- 18 ounces solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-cooked egg white, finely chopped
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir until tuna is broken up and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Add additional amounts of ingredients as desired.
- Spread salad on bread.
Awesome recipe. I added grapes onions and doubled the mayo. Yummy
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars, as this was absolutely "the best" tuna salad sandwich I have ever had! I did modify the recipe, and used 1-(5 oz.) can of tuna, 1/3 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 large hard boiled egg (the whole egg with the yolk), no salt nor pepper, and served between 4 slices of toasted white bread to make 2 sandwiches. The cranberries sweetened up the filling, which I really liked. By the way, this is also good served on crackers, and today I also had some served with Keebler Club Crackers. Thank heavens I have a more than a dozen cans of tuna in my pantry, so I can make this delicious sandwich any time I want it. Thank you Ambrosia for posting this recipe. It's definitely a keeper!!
This was a delicious upscale way to make tuna salad. The addition of cranberries make this sandwich so delicious and they compliment the tuna very well. Who would of thought? Thanks for sharing your fancy tuna salad sandwich reciepe.