Recipe by faerychic
Adapted from Whole Foods Tuna salad with Cranberries. My version is for convenience.
Top Review by Elinor B.
I have made this several times now (>10) and it is amazing. Followed the recipe as above. I use the wild Planet Albacore Tuna (5 oz cans)from Costco and Hellmans mayo. Not all Albacore tuna is the same and I found that the quality of this brand is superior (no liquids added). The recipe here is just right and does not make the tuna too soupy. This is darn near close to the Whole Foods recipe...if not spot on. I don't buy it there anymore...I just make it at home for fractions of the price. Love Love Love
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
Directions See How It's Made
- add lemon juice to cranberries in a separate bowl.
- mix tuna with mayonnaise and minced onion.
- add the cranberries & lemon to the tuna mixture (it's best if you can let this set a while before eating).
- this can be made with fresh lemon juice and fresh onions. if you use dried unsweetened cranberries then add a bit of sugar to the mixture.