Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Whole Foods Tuna salad with Cranberries. My version is for convenience.
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- add lemon juice to cranberries in a separate bowl.
- mix tuna with mayonnaise and minced onion.
- add the cranberries & lemon to the tuna mixture (it's best if you can let this set a while before eating).
- this can be made with fresh lemon juice and fresh onions. if you use dried unsweetened cranberries then add a bit of sugar to the mixture.
I made 3 times the amount using only 1/3 cup cranberries. found it a bit over creamy so I added instead oatmeal for a healthy filler. For the mayo I used smart balance mayo. Loved the lemon using only 2 tablespoons. Served on a toasted roll with garden tomato slices and baby spinach. Yummo! thanks for the good eats. Made for Pick a Chef http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0