Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, corn syrup and water.
- Cook stirring until berries are popped and mixture is thickened.
- Let cool.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; stir in cocoa then condensed milk.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cooled cranberries.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Shape into one inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in refrigerator.
As the previous reviewer stated, these don't set up well at all, they do taste pretty good, though the recipe would probably work better using 8 - 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate rather than the cocoa. Instead of wasting the whole batch, I used a cup of it in place of peanut butter in Cornflake candy, I'll figue out a way to firm up the rest enough so I can roll and dip them in chocolate bark coating. Wish I could give it more stars, I was really looking forward to not-too-sweet cranberry chocolate truffles.
These tasted great - not too sweet & just a mild fruity taste. I used a food mill so I just got the "good stuff" from the cranberries. They came out really soft & didn't hold their shape - probably because I messed with the recipe. Good taste though.