Cranberry Truffle Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Melt chocolate chips with butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar together. Add cooled chocolate mixture and water. Mix. Stir in baking powder and flour.
- Pour into baking pan and bake in [preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, turn out onto a cake platter and let cool.
- Truffle Topping: Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together. Add cranberry sauce and beat. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Glaze: Melt chocolate chips with the shortening. Drizzle over the cream cheese layer. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh sugared cranberries if desired.