Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Oh wow. These are special.
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cranberry sauce or 1⁄3 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon solid shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Melt chocolate chips with butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar together. Add cooled chocolate mixture and water. Mix. Stir in baking powder and flour.
- Pour into baking pan and bake in [preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, turn out onto a cake platter and let cool.
- Truffle Topping: Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together. Add cranberry sauce and beat. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Glaze: Melt chocolate chips with the shortening. Drizzle over the cream cheese layer. Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh sugared cranberries if desired.