Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this sweet and tangy barbecue sauce as you would any other, brushing it on during the final few minutes of cooking. For a spicier sauce, increase the cayenne.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mild molasses
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for seven minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add cranberries, maple syrup, and molasses and cook, stirring frequently, for seven minutes or until most of cranberries have popped.
- Stir in tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, salt, and cayenne and cook five minutes or until the sauce is of ketchuplike consistency.