Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this elegant, sure-to-impress appetizer of puff pastry, Brie cheese, cranberry and toasted almonds at your next party.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, mashed and divided
- 1⁄4 cup Fisher Dried Sweetened Cranberries, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Slivered Almonds, toasted and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) round brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- assorted cracker
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread almonds in one layer on ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Set aside.
- Reheat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl whisk egg and water; set aside. Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Cut off corners to make a circle.
- Spread cranberry sauce in center of circle the same size as Brie round. Top with 2 tablespoons each of cranberries and toasted almonds.
- Place Brie over mixture. Repeat layering with remaining cranberry sauce, cranberries and 2 tablespoons almonds.
- Brush edge of the circle with egg mixture. Fold pastry up over cheese to cover. Trim any excess pastry; press to seal. Brush seam with egg mixture. Place seam side up onto baking sheet.
- Brush with egg mixture; sprinkle with ¼ cup almonds that have been coarsely chopped.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Allow pastry to cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve with assorted crackers.
This was great! I made it and the cheese was wonderful with the almonds and cranberries. I'll be making this again for sure