Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a photo from Blackberry Chef's website, I searched the web and created a composite recipe that hit the spot.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F Oil a baking sheet.
- Cut salmon into four 6 oz portions. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on the baking sheet.
- Combine panko, cranberries, onion, 2 T. melted butter and lemon peel in a medium bowl and blend well. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon onto salmon, dividing equally. Press to adhere. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake until topping is golden and salmon is just cooked, about 20 minutes.
Excellent salmon recipe! I'm always on the look for salmon and cranberry recipes, and this was the perfect combination. Used gluten free bread crumbs instead of panko and ghee instead of butter, but I don't think that affected the result. It was delicious anyway and easy to make, too. Will make this again! Thanks for posting!