Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the book, "Cranberry Thanksgiving" by Wende and Harry Devlin which we read every year growing up before making the bread. It's a family favorite, great as gifts, and a wonderful memory from my childhood.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda together.
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange peel, and orange juice and mix until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool out of pan on a wire rack. keep stored in aluminum foil.
I have been using this recipe for years and it's always a hit at Thanksgiving. Moist and yummy!!
Thank you - great for the holidays!
This is a wonderful recipe, but we use dried cranberries instead of raisins. It gives it a much better flavor, and compliments the fresh berries.