Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup orange juice
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven;reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and discard teabags, cinnamon, and cloves; stir in orange juice.
- Chill tea; serve over ice with lemon wedges.
very good. I didn't have cranberry juice so I used 1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries, boiled them with everything else. When it was done I used an hand mixer to break it up added fresh squeezed OJ and strained it. I think the absence of the juice made it less sweet. I like this with our Thanksgiving meal for the "tea toaters"
it was quite good, but too sweet for my taste. next time I might try a different brand of cranberry juice & less sugar. all in all, though, it was quite yummy.
I really enjoyed this tea. I used 100% cranberry juice, which may be why it wasn't too sweet for my taste. I didn't have any family size tea bags, so I used 12 regular size ones. I must say this tastes incredible hot, also. Very nice for the yucky rainy day we're having today.