Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from the BH&G cookbook. I thought this was a nice drink. Great in the summertime. Garnish with mint in the summer, or fresh cranberries during the holidays. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 cups water
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 mint tea bag
- 2 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- ice cube
- fresh mint leaves (optional) or fresh cranberries (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add green and mint tea bags.
- Cover and let stand for 10 mintues.
- Remove tea bags; discard.
- Cover and chill for atleast 2 hours.
- Transfer tea to a pitcher; stir in the cranberry juice.
- Serve over ice cubes.
- If desired, garnish with fresh mint leaves or cranberries.
- Chill remaining tea up to 2 days.
I really enjoyed this tea and did not find it to tart. I used Lipton Green Tea, Bigelow Plantation Mint Tea, and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail when I made mine. I will make this again! Made for *Comfort Cafe Summer 2009* game my theme was *Teas Made With Fruit Juices*
I have made this twice for dinner parties. The first time I made it, I used half apple juice and half cranberry juice. Everyone loved it and the quadrupled batch was gone quickly. The second time I made it I used all cranberry juice. It was tart, a bit more tart than cranberry juice by itself with some â€œteaâ€� aftertaste. Without the apple juice it wasnâ€™t as popular. No one wanted seconds. Iâ€™ll probably make this again, but Iâ€™ll always use half apple juice.
This is a nice refreshing drink. I am always on the look out for teas that do not need any sugar added. I think I will try this one with a cran-apple juice next time or perhaps add some honey while it is still hot. Thanks for posting it.