Recipe by fluffernutter
Mixes in minutes, so it's great for a last-minute emergency holiday dessert. If you make it a day ahead, the cranberries mellow a little. Great with orange-nutmeg whipped cream!
Top Review by Wineaux
This tort is fantastic! Easy and quick to make and the taste and texture are incredible! I'm buying fresh cranberries to freeze, so we can have it when they are out of season and unavailable! May try it again with another fruiit. Thank you, fllluffernutter, for posting this excellent dessert! 1
- 2 cups cranberries, washed
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, very soft or melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 10- to 12-inch pie or flan dish. Spread the berries, pecans in the dish. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and extract. Stir or beat in the flour. Spread over the berries. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream flavored with Grand Marnier or orange peel, or ice cream or custard sauce.