Recipe by design*girl
A different twist on traditional tapenade. Great for a holiday appetizer.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
This was great! As I can't eat sweet potatos, sugar and pecans, I made two batches - one normal for my DH and friends, and one with carrots, cashews and honey for myself. Both were delicious. Thanks!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 orange
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sweet potato in a small amount of boiling water just until barley tender. Drain and cool, peel and finely dice sweet potato; set aside.
- Process orange until coarsely chopped, add 2 cups cranberries, sugar, and jalapeño pepper, pulse 2 or 3 times until mixture is finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in sweet potato, pecans, cilantro, salt, and cinnamon. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve with sweet potato chips.