Recipe by Tham
This has become a staple at Thanksgiving in our home. The recipe is from one of the top cooking magazines...but I can't remember from which one I clipped it.
- 6 large tangerines
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (18 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate enough peel from tangerines to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Using small sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from 1 tangerine.
- Cut between membranes to release segments.
- Set aside.
- Squeeze enough juice from remaining tangerines to measure 1 ½ cups.
- Combine peel, juice, brown sugar, ginger and cloves in heavy large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and cook until berries pop and juices thicken, stirring often, bout 8 minutes.
- Add blueberries and tangerine segments.
- Stir until blueberries are heated through.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Can be made 4 days ahead.
- Keep refrigerated.