Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe come right out of The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat cookbook, & is posted here to go along with my Cranberry Orange Pancakes!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- In medium saucepan, mix all ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to rolling boil, then reduce heat to medium & boil 30-40 minutes or until reduced to about 2 1/2 cups.
- IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE BERRIES IN THE SYRUP (I prefer leaving them in!), pour syrup through mesh strainer & discard cranberries!
- Store syrup covered in glass container in refrigerator no longer than 7 days!
Great syrup !! Topped over pancakes . Great great flavors. I did use cinnamon, might have used to much, but we absolutely enjoyed this this morning, and plan to make again. Made for PRMR tag.
Perfect balance of tart and sweet. Excellent overtop my pancakes this morning. Next time I will cook for less time since mine was a bit too thick. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Made for Bevy Tag Sept 2008.
This is absolutely lovely on pancakes. It's sweet but has a lovely tart flavor. I only made half the recipe and there was more than enough. I'm saving the rest to try on scones and jonny cake.