Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 750 ml ruby port or 750 ml other sweet red wine
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Combine the sugar and the port in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, and cook for 4 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries, orange juice, ginger, and garlic, and cook over medium heat until reduced to 3 cups (about 20 minutes).
- Press the cranberry mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, discarding solids.
- Serve with Spice-Rubbed Smoked Turkey (Recipe #194607) and Roasted-Pear Stuffing (Recipe #194583).
- Note: Cranberry Syrup can be stored, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 week.
A lovely tasting syrup! There are many possibilities for this. I may try it with tofu, add it to barbeque sauce, etc. Thanks!