Recipe by Meghan at Food.com
Adapted from a recipe found at bakingbites.com that was said to serve 24. I cut my pan into 24 servings and found I kept eating two bars, so I think we should just be honest here and say this serves 12.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 dash apple pie spice (because I've yet to buy allspice or nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together the flours, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together the sugars and butter. Add in the spices and the vanilla extract. Stir in pumpkin puree, then stir in the flour mixture.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Stir up the cranberry sauce and spoon it on top of the batter. Swirl the cranberry sauce around with a butter knife.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.