Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was taken from a women's league cookbook; credit goes to Jan Bernier. She makes this cake every year for Christmas morning breakfast.
- 3⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 7 ounces whole cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream margarine and add sugar gradualy. Add unbeaten eggs, one at a time, and mix. Sift the baking powder, soda, flour and salt together and add to mixture, alternating with sour cream, and ending with dry ingredients. Stir in almond flavoring. Grease an 8-inch bundt pan. Pour a layer of the batter in the pan, then swirl in some of the cranberry sauce. Add the remaining batter and the rest of the cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and bake for 55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a wire rack. Drizzle with topping.
- For topping: Mix 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring and the tablespoon of warm water together and drizzle on top and sides of the cake.