Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
What do you get when you cross cranberries and cherry preserves? Just make these and see! The combination of the two is delicious and festive and a dessert you won't likely forget! I have made these with almond extract and it's very good that way also. *Note: These are not the traditional shape, rather they are shaped like a pinwheel. Source: Taste of Home
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a food processor, combine the cranberries, preserves and cinnamon. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread each with cranberry filling; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Place seam side down 4 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Carefully transfer logs to a cutting board; cool for 5 minutes. With a serrated knife, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes longer or until centers are firm and dry. Remove to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm biscotti. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.