Andi Weiss's Note:
This recipe is a Thanksgiving standard in our family. I found this recipe in a magazine many years ago but have made variations to be able to call it my own. The nuts and marshmallows are optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (31 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup walnut pieces or 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- 3Cut yams into one inch cubes.
- 4Place in baking dish.
- 5Add in the cranberries and nuts.
- 6Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 7Prepare Topping:.
- 8Mix oatmeal, flour, packed brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a separate bowl.
- 9Cut in the butter.
- 10Consistancy should be lumpy.
- 11Sprinkle over the top of the Yam mixture.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 13The cranberries should have burst.
- 14Sprinkle marshmallows on top and bake five more minutes or until marshmallows are browned.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sweet Potato Casserole With Crumb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 34.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g