Recipe by YummySmellsca
These savoury, soft rolls are perfect for turkey or chicken sandwiches , especially when lightly toasted.
Top Review by FlyingCook
First off, I followed the recipe exactly. While the flavor of these was good, something about the proportions of the ingredients seems off. The dough was very wet and sticky; so much so that it wouldn't hold it's shape. I ended up with sweet potato flat breads instead of rolls. I'll probably make these again but reduce the amount of wet ingredients to get a more typical dough consistency.
- 2⁄3 cup mashed sweet potato (unseasoned)
- 1 cup water, warm
- 1 cup buttermilk, warm
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries, soaked in hot water and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix sweet potato, water, buttermilk, butter and egg until well blended.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, whisk together yeast, flours, sugar, salt and rosemary.
- Add the sweet potato mixture and mix to form a shaggy dough. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and begin kneading, by hand or dough hook, for 10-12 minutes. Dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl but stick to the bottom.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down, knead briefly and divide into 10 even buns. Place on two parchment-lined sheets.
- Cover and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotatng pans halfway through.