Recipe by Charlotte J
I found this in our grocery ad this week. Sounds really good! I might even try this for Thanksgiving Day dinner next week. From Ocean Spray
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Yet another great yam recipe for me to keep on hand! We loved the combo of yams, cranberries & raisins AND the lack of the usual marshmallows! Also, a generous scoop of leftovers adds greatly to the ingredients of a smoothie with a cranberry juice base! Thanks for a very nice keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut into 1/2 ",cubes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, cranberries, apple and risins in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar and spices in a separate bowl.
- Add sweet potato mixture, tossing to coat.
- Place in a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour cranberry juice over top of casserole.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes or until potatoes are almost soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pecans and cook, uncovered, 10 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.