Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this sauce over meatballs at my daughter's wedding reception. It was a hit. Nice change from your regular sweet and sour. The cranberries give it just enough tartness. This recipe makes a lot so you may want to cut it down for smaller portions. It was enough for 280 1" meatballs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 (16 ounce) cansocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch together in a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in cranberry sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often.
- Bring to a boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve over meatballs, chicken, roast pork, stir fried meats or vegetables.
- Makes about 8 cups.
Very good! I make this often and one of our favorite sauces!
LOVE THIS SAUCE! I made only half a batch, but another time will definitely make the whole thing! Followed your recipe exactly & was not disappointed, with flavor, prep or anything! This recipe goes into my 'gift ideas' for holidays cookbook! OUTSTANDING ~ Thanks so much for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]