1/1 Photo of Cranberry Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1Place chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Drain the pineapple; reserve the juice (you should have about 1/3 cup juice).
- 3Add pineapple, bell pepper strips, and rice to the chicken; stir to combine.
- 4In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and brown sugar; add in reserved pineapple juice, the cranberry sauce, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, and ginger.
- 5Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Add sauce to chicken mixture; stir to coat.
- 7Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- 8Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with almonds; bake, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 648.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 65.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g