Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was talking with a coworker about cranberry recipes and they suggested this one. Thought I would share it. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (craisins_)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 ounces bulk sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly coat a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook onion and celery in butter over medium heat until translucent. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, sweetened dried cranberries and thyme. Add cooked vegetables, sausage and chicken broth. Mix well. Add egg and stir until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon stuffing into muffin cups, using about ½ cup stuffing per cup. Press lightly to fill the cup. Stuffing can be mounded.
- Bake 20 minutes or until set and browned. Remove from pan and serve.
- TIP: The stuffing cups can be prepared the day before they are baked. Prepare as directed, without adding the egg, and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, add egg, mix well, and scoop into muffin cups.