1 hr 30 mins
Have your butcher butterfly the roast. Got this from "Better Homes and Gardens 2002 Annual Recipes" collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2-5 lbs boneless center cut pork loin roast (single loin)
- 1 cup roasted garlic and sweet onion jam (Roasted Garlic and Sweet Onion Jam)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 -1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F
- 2To butterfly the roast, turn the roast fat side down. Make a single lengthwise cut down the center of the loin, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the other side. Spread open like a book. Place knife in the "V" of the first cut. Make another cut-knife should be parallel to the table-to the right of the "V" to within 1/2 inch of the end (do not cut all the way thru the roast). Repeat the parallel cut to the left of the "V". Spread open the sections. Cover with plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound with flat side of meat mallet to 3/4 to 1 inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- 3Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper; spread 2/3 cup Roasted Garlic and Sweet Onion Jam.
- 4Sprinkle cranberries onto jam.
- 5Starting at a long side, roll meat up.
- 6Tie snugly at 3 inch intervals with 100% cotton string.
- 7Place the rolled pork loin roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 8Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- 9Insert a meat thermometer into center of roast (the thickest part).
- 10Roast, uncovered, for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 155 degrees F, spreading with the remaining jam the last 15 minutes of roasting.
- 11Remove the roast from the pan.
- 12Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- 13Meanwhile, for gravy, carefully pour wine into roasting pan, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 14Strain and measure pan juices.
- 15Add chicken broth, if necessary, to equal 1 1/2 cups total.
- 16In a saucepan stir 3/4 cup chicken broth into flour until smooth; stir in the wine mixture.
- 17Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 18To carve, cut string. Using a carving knife, cut roast into 1 inch thick slices.
- 19Serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 161.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted garlic and sweet onion jam