3 hrs 20 mins
This is also from Taste of Home Magazine. What a great recipe. It has a beautiful presentation for company and the taste is wonderful. A great holiday recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix or 1 cup crumbled cornbread
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (5 -7 lb) roasting chickens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1In a skillet, saute celery, onion and cranberries in 1/2 c butter until tender.
- 2stir in garlic, stuffing and enough broth to moisten; set aside.
- 3Place chicken with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 4combine salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and sage;sprinkle over inside and outside of chicken.
- 5Loosely stuff with cranberry mixture.
- 6Melt remaining butter; brush over chicken.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350°F for 2 1/2 -3 hours or until juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 180°F for the chicken and 165°F for the stuffing.
- 8Basting occasionally with melted butter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.9
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 222.2 mg
- Sodium 707.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
cornbread stuffing mix