Cook1 hr 30 mins
From a Cranberry Cookbook put out by the Westport-Grayland Washington Chamber of Commerce. (The Cranberry Coast) NOTE: Everyone said this made too much filling for 1 squash, so I changed the recipe to 2 squashes, to serve 4. Easy to halve for 2 servings. Microwave instructions included at end of regular instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake about 1 hour.
- Combine cranberries, 1/2 cup apple juice, sugar, cloves and nutmeg. Cook over low heat until cranberry skins pop.
- Combine remaining apple juice with cornstarch, mixing well. Gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Heat just until thickened.
- Spoon cranberry mixture into squash halves and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Return to oven and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- To microwave: Cover squash halves with plastic wrap. Microwave on 100% power 12-18 minutes, until soft to touch.
- Cook cranberry mixture on 100% power 8-12 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Fill squash halves and heat in oven as above, or microwave until heated through.