1/1 Photo of Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 hr 30 mins
From a Cranberry Cookbook put out by the Westport-Grayland Washington Chamber of Commerce. (The Cranberry Coast) NOTE: Everyone said this made too much filling for 1 squash, so I changed the recipe to 2 squashes, to serve 4. Easy to halve for 2 servings. Microwave instructions included at end of regular instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake about 1 hour.
- 4Combine cranberries, 1/2 cup apple juice, sugar, cloves and nutmeg. Cook over low heat until cranberry skins pop.
- 5Combine remaining apple juice with cornstarch, mixing well. Gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Heat just until thickened.
- 6Spoon cranberry mixture into squash halves and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Return to oven and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- 7To microwave: Cover squash halves with plastic wrap. Microwave on 100% power 12-18 minutes, until soft to touch.
- 8Cook cranberry mixture on 100% power 8-12 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- 9Fill squash halves and heat in oven as above, or microwave until heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g