Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Vegcooking.com recipe. (the blueberry scones) I served this to the customers of the bed and breakfast. Yummy with marmalade.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 -5 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk, plus more for brushing tops
- 1⁄2 cup blended extra-firm silken tofu
- raw sugar, for sprinkling on the top
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the margarine until the pieces are pea-sized. Stir in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Whisk together the soy milk and tofu. Pour into the center of the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead just a few times to mix.
- Pat the dough into a 6-inch square about 11/4 inches thick. Cut into four squares. Cut the squares in half diagonally to form eight triangles. Transfer to a baking sheet. Brush the tops with soy milk, and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake until golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
Very Good! I had a little trouble getting the mix to come together at first, but it worked out perfectly. They were wonderful!
I get special requests for this scone recipe all the time. I interchange the cranberries with dates, nuts - whatever. It all tastes good. And I have also made this with Ener-G Replacer. Not quite as moist as tofu, but still very tasty.