1/2 Photos of Cranberry-Studded Mincemeat by Nigella Lawson
Entered for ZWT. From "Nigella's Christmas Kitchen". Vegetarian. Has honey, so not vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 ounces soft dark brown sugar (75g)
- 2 fluid ounces ruby port (60ml)
- 10 1/2 ounces cranberries (300g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 ounces currants (75g)
- 2 1/2 ounces raisins (75g)
- 1 ounce dried cranberries (30g)
- 1 clementine, zest and juice
- 1 fluid ounce brandy (25ml)
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1In a large pan, dissolve the sugar in the ruby port over a gentle heat.
- 2Add the cranberries and stir.
- 3Add the cinnamon, ginger and cloves, currants, raisins, dried cranberries and the zest and juice of the clementine.
- 4Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the fruit has broken down and has absorbed most of the liquid in the pan. (You may need to squish the cranberries a little with the back of a wooden spoon to incorporate them fully.).
- 5Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- 6Add the brandy, almond extract, vanilla extract and honey and stir well with a wooden spoon to mash the mixture down into a paste.
- 7Spoon the mincemeat into sterilised jars and, once cool, store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Studded Mincemeat by Nigella Lawson
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: